Marine conditions are notoriously harsh. Moisture, corrosive salt water, UV radiation, and other factors cause standard fabrics to wear rapidly. With continuous exposure to marine conditions, these fabrics wear and fade. Marine fabrics are specifically engineered to withstand the extreme conditions common in marine operations.
Marine mesh fabric is especially critical for the safe everyday operation of boats and other marine equipment. It is used to move or hold items without retaining water or becoming waterlogged. Marine mesh fabrics are characterized by evenly spaced openings. These openings allow mesh bags, pockets, and nets to shed water rapidly.
Outdoor Mesh Fabrics for Marine Applications
Outdoor mesh fabric for marine applications must be able to resist exposure to moisture, sun, and saltwater over long periods while maintaining its strength, elasticity, and structural integrity. To meet these needs, manufacturers have incorporated a variety of modern materials into specialized marine mesh fabrics that are capable of withstanding even the most extreme marine conditions. Marine-grade polyester fabric and marine nylon fabric are the two most popular materials used in marine applications today.
Marine Nylon Fabric
Marine nylon fabric offers a variety of benefits, for marine applications, including:
- Resistance to wear, corrosion, and temperature
- Flexible and lightweight
- Exceptional tensile strength
- Resistance to alkali, acid, and saltwater
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Variety of hole shapes and sizes
- Range of fabrics, from thin netting to heavy cargo nets
Marine Grade Polyester Fabric
Polyester mesh features numerous properties ideal for marine use, including:
- Strong and durable
- Dries quickly
- Flexible and elastic
- Solution-dyed black to resist UV radiation
- Resistant to microbial growth
- Resistant to corrosion, heat, and chemicals
Marine Fabrics From Jason Mills
Jason Mills specializes in the development of high-quality fabrics for specialized applications. Our marine fabrics are carefully engineered to perform reliably in even the most extreme marine conditions. With decades of experience, we understand the unique needs of the marine industry and design our fabrics to meet industry-specific standards for safety and performance.
Harsh marine environments require materials that will not lose their structural integrity, fade, or bleed upon exposure to extreme conditions. Jason Mills’ quality marine fabrics are knitted using specialized marine-grade yarns, ideal for use in seat pockets, map and document holders, and mesh containers.
At Jason Mills, we are proud to offer an extensive selection of fabrics to meet a wide range of marine needs. All of our marine fabrics are made with 100% solution-dyed polyesters. The dye is embedded directly in the fiber of the yarn, which allows our fabrics to withstand up to 2,000 hours of exposure to UV radiation without fading.
Our line of marine fabrics includes, but is not limited to:
- Style 1996: An extra strong, solution-dyed black polyester marine mesh, perfect for use in cargo nets, this style is available with apertures between 1/8″ and 3/16″, and widths from 60″ to 120″.
- Style 1992: Highly UV-resistant, this black polyester 100% solution-dyed material is strong and durable. Ideal for seat pockets, map holders, and light-duty cargo nets. This style features 1/8″ openings and comes in widths between 60″ and 120″.
- Style 8600: This solution-dyed black polyester is strong and lightweight, with excellent resistance to UV exposure. Perfect for use in literature and map pockets, the 8600 style has 5/16″ openings and is available in widths of 50″, 100″, and 200″.
- Style 8605: This 100% natural, non-dyed polyester has exceptional strength with openings of 1/4″, making it ideal for cargo nets.
Contact Our Experts for Custom Textile Solutions
Jason Mills is a leading manufacturer of nylon and polyester mesh fabrics and textiles for a wide range of industries. With more than 100 mesh fabrics and extensive custom manufacturing capabilities, we can produce knitted, dyed, and finished fabrics to meet virtually every need. We understand that quality is critical, which is why we conduct rigorous quality checks throughout the manufacturing process, to ensure that we meet and exceed customer expectations and industry standards.
To learn more about our selection of mesh fabrics for marine applications and other textile solutions, contact us today or request a quote.